Wednesday 2 September 2015

The Scarlet Pimpernel Blog Party Tag!!

Yay! A tag!

                                               
Here are the questions, and my answers:

1. The obvious question...how'd you get introduced to The Scarlet Pimpernel?
Blogs! Mostly Amy's. We got the book on Kindle and I devoured it :).

2. If you could meet any of the characters in real life, who would it be and why? (You can use the obvious choice of Sir Percy, but this is your chance to get creative ;))
Yeah, obviously Sir Percy, but otherwise maybe Suzanne, cos I think she's really nice, or one of the League guys, cos they're cool :).

3. What are your top three favourite quotes from the books/movies (yes, just three)?
"Sink me!"; (Haha, original, right?) [Sir Percy singing "God save the King" in revolutionary France;
and, oh...I can't think of another one...I need to read it again :)

4. Who is your favourite supporting character in the books? (Percy and Marguerite are ineligible)
Um, that's a hard one, seeing as I have only read the first book. I do quite like Suzanne.

5. Which film versions have you seen, and which do you like best?
I haven't seen any. But I really want to. The Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour one, of course :)

6. What's your top-absolute-favourite scene in the first book? 
Um...I really like the scene in the inn in France when Percy outwits Chauvelin with the pepper-snuff. :)

7. If you could dream cast a new adaptation of the book (a period piece, that is), who would you choose to play the roles of Sir Percy, Marguerite and Chauvelin?
That's hard.
I would cast Aaron Tveit as Sir Percy; I'm not entirely sure why...But, Enjolras and Sir Percy do have some similarities, right?
Marguerite? No idea.
Chauvelin? I think maybe Geoffrey Rush. He could do a French villain. He played Javert in an inferior version of Les Mis.

8. Do you think the Scarlet Pimpernel does his work purely for "the love of sport," as the narrative would tell us (and as he would often claim), or does he have more noble motives that he won't admit? Explain your answer. Show your work.
I think he does have more noble motives, but he just won't admit it. He really wants to save people. I don't think he would endanger himself and others solely for sport, though it's probably a small part of it :)

9. Second to Chauvelin, who is the worst villain in the book series and why?
Having only read the first book, I cannot say.

10. What's the favourite novel in the series...?
See previous answer.

11. If you could change one thing about your favourite version of the movie, what would it be?
I haven't seen any. :(

12. Lastly, how would you convince a skeptical friend to read/watch TSP? What is it that you love about it?
It's really exciting and it has suspense and mystery, and it's not hard to read. Now read it. What do I love about it?? Two words. Sir Percy!! He's so funny, and clever, and brave, and all that.

Thanks for the tag, Amy!

If you want to see the tag, or any of the blog party excitement, just go here, and other recent posts on her blog.


< It's the Day Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment