Tuesday 12 August 2014

10 Facts About Me and Les Miserables



1. I have never seen a stage version (live or YouTube), but seen parts of an anniversary concert. I also saw Nick Jonas' and Michael Ball's Empty Chairs at Empty Tables to compare with Eddie Redmayne's. Neither of them were as good in my opinion.



2. I first watched the 2012 movie musical earlier this year (2014) and have now watched it a total of five times. 

3. I did not cry the first time I watched it. I felt very sad at Eponine's death, and Empty Chairs at Empty Tables is one of the worst. But, no - no tears. Sorry, Les Mis fans. My answer to that is: "My heart is stone, but still it trembles!" In other words, I didn't cry, that doesn't mean I wasn't moved to extreme sadness. (That still doesn't sound very impressive, though, does it?) 

4. The most I have ever cried watching it (see, I have, I have) was at my friend's house, with my sister, afore-mentioned friend, and friend's siblings. So sad. It was, very.

5. I have watched the 1998 movie starring Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush and Beth March Claire Danes.
                                                

I could go on and on about why I sooo do not like it anywhere as much as the 2012 movie. For numerous reasons, among which are:
No Eponine (!), no Enjolras! (of any specific role), poor, tiny barricade, etc,etc....


6. I am a Marius defender. I am NOT a member of the "Make Fun of Marius Club".

So there. Ahem. I am a member of the "Marius Fan Club" and the "Pretty Much Every Character in the Movie Fan Club".

7. I like Russell Crowe's Javert. Very much. Stars is one of my favourites.

8. Courfeyrac is one of the funniest barricade boys for me, and Jean Prouvaire one of the bravest!
Courf: "An iconoclast who respected nothing."
Jean Prouvaure: "He was timid, yet he was intrepid." Jehan's death in the book (captured by the enemy, then shot) was sad, and brave and bold at the same time.

9. I have not read the whole book, but parts of it. (Volume 3 and 4 are my favourites - Paris!)
I sooooooo wish that Monsieur Mabeuf had been given his star role in the movie. If you have the book, then read the chapter "The Flag: Act First" - it was a part I really thought should have been in the movie.

10. I LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!! end of story.








No comments:

Post a Comment